Lumen 200 Series
A Powerful 200W Illumination device
Lumen 200 is the latest product for fluorescence illumination to be aquired by Best Scientific. Bestscientific have been supplying illumination systems for fluorescence for over 20 years. The experience gained over this period has enabled Best Scientific to design the most powerful, cost effective and flexible system on the market. Fluorescence has never been so easy.
- Powerful 200W Illumination - A 200W metal-halide lamp gives a similar spectral output to older mercury vapour lamps and the metal-halide has over seven times longer lamp life.
- Long Life Lamp - Up to 2000 Hours - The metal-halide lamp is safe for use for up to 2000 hours depending on operational
factors. Internal electronics monitor the number of hours used and warn the user through both a visual and audible alarm, when a lamp replacement is necessary.
- Easy Lamp Replacement - Unlike mercury vapour lamps the lamps used in the Lumen 200 system require no precision arc alignment for them to work properly. Lamps are pre-centred, so changes take less than one minute.
- Flexible Liquid Light Guide - A highly efficient liquid light guide delivers full pectrum illumination from 350nm upwards. Couplers are available for all research microscopes.
- Low Heat Transfer - By mounting the light source remotely from the microscope stand the amount of heat transferred is significantly lower. This aids stability and helps reduce drift due to thermal expansion in long term time lapse experiments.
- Shutter and Filter Wheel Options - The Lumen 200 features a manually operated shutter mechanism that can be partially closed to attenuate illumination intensity protecting valuable samples from photo-bleaching.
Lumen 200 Pro
Advanced Fluorescence Illumination with Integral Automated Light Attenuation and High Speed Filter Wheel. The Lumen 200Pro features a built in, six position filter wheel for automated control of excitation wavelength. Lumen 200Pro also includes a variable aperture motorised shutter allowing computer controlled shuttering and light attenuation. The unit is driven by the Prior range of ProScanTMII, OptiScanTMII or PriorPCI II advanced motor controllers, allowing it to be combined with the highest performance scanning stages and focusing devices available. By removing the filter wheel and shutter from direct contact with the microscope stand problems of vibration, heat transfer and long settling times are practically eliminated.
- Shutters & Attenuation - The simple, robust and efficient design of the shuttering light attenuator provides both high speed and reliability. The less than 20 ms opening and closing speed will help to extend live cell studies by minimising the toxicity associated with photo-bleaching. With only one moving part the stepper motor driven shutter is designed to provide years of reliable uninterrupted
- High Speed Motorised Filter Wheel - The Lumen 200PRO features a built in, six position filter wheel compatible with all standard 25mm diameter filters for automated control of excitation wavelength. The unit is driven by the Prior range of ProScanTMII, OptiScanTMII and Prior PCI II advanced motor controllers allowing
it to be combined with the highest performance scanning stages and focusing devices available. High speed filter changing with adjacent positions changed in 60ms with the ProScanTMII controller.
- Software Compatibility - Controlled by either the Prior ProScanTMII, OptiScanTMII or PriorPCI II makes adding the Lumen 200PRO to existing code controlling Prior
Scientific automation equipment quick and easy. The Lumen 200PRO's internal filter wheel responds to existing standard filter wheel commands
whether through the DLL or via ASCII commands, and light intensity is controlled with one additional command.